Friday, January 15, 2010

What Pat Robertson Should Have Said

Rather than blather on about the earthquake in Haiti having something to do with a 200-year-old pact with the devil, ol' Pat should have just quoted Luke 13:1-5:
    There were some present at that very time who told him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And he answered them, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered in this way? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them: do you think that they were worse offenders than all the others who lived in Jerusalem? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."
What happened in Haiti should be a wake-up call for the entire world.

6 comments:

Chip said...

Amazing how Scripture clears things up.

Gospel Driven Disciples said...

When I read your post yesterday I was so hot that I immediately wrote a response on my site (linking to your site) that very thing. The lesson to learn as we help this nation is that God has sent a merciful warning, we too may die prematurely, tragically, or "in an untimely fashion", therefore learn from these deaths and repent.

The Navy Christian said...

The fact is that we are all sinners, and it rains on the righteous and the unrighteous. I suppose it can earthquake the same way. I think this has little to do with God's judgment. Are there no Christians in Haiti? Did God destine them to be destroyed as well?

I'll tell you what the test is here. It's a test to see if believers will respond. I hope we do the right thing.

Anonymous said...

Great response here! I thought of that same Scripture passage this morning. God bless.

The Blainemonster said...

Right on, and but for the grace of God, there go I.

Rev. said...

AMEN!

Related Posts with Thumbnails